Guidelines for Approval
Residents applying to Billings Fairchild Center are asked to complete a short application packet and to take a tour of the Center. We believe it is important for everyone to feel comfortable about a move or transition. After necessary documents are provided, our ID Team will review the resident's information to ensure that the Center is an appropriate placement for your individual and that their needs can be met. During this review, ID Team members will verify:
- Applicant is not a threat to himself/herself or others
- Has an IQ below 75 to qualify for ICF/IID level of care
- Has a current psychological evaluation
- Receives pre-approval from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- The disability occurred prior to the age of 21
- Applicant and family are interested in placement
Billings Fairchild Center also reserves a small number of beds for individuals seeking admission and who do not have mental retardation. Private pay is accepted for such beds. Private pay is also accepted payment for beds for our mentally retarded residents.
Billings Fairchild Center accepts Medicaid funding as a payer source, as well as private sources.
Unlike many facilities, Billings Fairchild Center is staffed around the clock, 24 hours a day, with certified staff and licensed nurses to ensure quality care for our residents. We also have a doctor on call 24 hours a day.
For questions about Billings Fairchild Center qualifications and admissions call (580) 725-3533 or email Request Information for Placement